Aftercare following a Plasma Pen treatment is straightforward and mostly common sense. If you pay for an incredible treatment yet willfully ignore the strict instructions your technician will fully brief you on – perhaps by choosing to go on a sunbed the next day – you will clearly imperil the outcome.
We train our Technicians in exceptional detail and keep them up to speed on all the latest best practice. We arm them with all the tools they need to then devolve this information to you/their clients.
Very, very few clients ever experience complications of any kind with Plasma Pen. Our device is known to deliver compressed downtimes, higher velocity recovery and superior results. Any rare complications or effects will not be caused by the device (and unlikely by the technician either) but more likely because an existing contraindication or medical issue was not revealed and/or because a client fails to comply with their aftercare management plan. Deferred aftercare and/or aftercare with incorrect products are often the chief culprits where a negative aspect of any kind occurs.
Choosing not to receive treatment from a qualified Plasma Pen by Louise Walsh International Elite Technician using our official device could potentially lead to problems, especially as their are cheap devices often advertised as one thing but which are designed for something else entirely. If in any doubt about getting a treatment from any provider then please speak to us as we are the experts and are always happy to provide genuine advice. We want you to enjoy a safe treatment that will deliver the results you expect.
Aftercare will be discussed with you before and after your treatment. Printed information will also be provided by your technician who will, more than likely, follow-up with you regularly for post-treatment consultations.
However, based on thousands upon thousand of treatments around the world, these are some of our recommendations, top tips, best practices and advice to consider in your own personal aftercare regime:
- Wait until your scabs have fallen off. You may resume activities immediately after any Plasma Pen treatment but may not look your complete best during the healing process (usually 3 to 7 days)
- The formation of brown/black crusts on the skin surface will occur. Do not pick pick them – these crusts will fall off in a few days
- For the first night or two, if you have had a facial treatment, you may wish to sleep on your back to avoid brushing your face on your pillow
- Keep your scabs/crusts moist by applying aloe vera up to three times per day. This will provide relief from any tendency to itch and expedite the healing process
- Keep the area clean using lukewarm boiled water and do not use alcohol based cleansers
- Occasional weeping will settle
- There may be some mild swelling – especially around the eyes and periorbital region. Swelling for 1 to 5 days post-treatment is normal but is usually of a very minor nature and to be expected. Post-treatment downtime and recovery from Plasma Pen is frequently shown to be superior to treatment with other devices
- The treatment may be moderately uncomfortable and sensitive depending on where you are being treated – especially eyelid procedures where the skin is at its thinnest. Our device and our super-fine probes allow technicians to work more quickly and efficiently which minimises potential discomfort for you but this all depends on your own sensitivities and tolerances to start with
- The area treated must not be covered with plasters, occlusive dressing or any type of make-up, mascara, creams or any other product until the area has fully healed (except specific products we recommend and which are available both from us/your technician)
- After any kind of facial treatment, especially around the eyes, we recommend using aloe vera masks to prevent inflammation by soothing and reducing swelling
- Taking Vitamin C supplements over the course of your healing process can give your immune system a big boost which will help you to repair. Anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine medication can also help
- Consider the use of topical anti-oxidants to fight sun damage such as a Vitamin C serum. The use of citrus juice, aloe vera and soy are cited by some as good ingredients for preventing hyperpigmentation
- Avoid smoking
- Men should avoid shaving over any area that has been treated until the skin has fully healed
- Once healed, you must use factor 50 sunscreen when out and about for at least 12 weeks and you should avoid sunbeds and sunbathing
- We supply technicians with a tinted aftercare product which is designed to safely camouflage treated areas but we don’t recommend oily skinned clients use this as they will already heal slower and this could inhibit their recovery period further
- It is highly unlikely you will ever get an infection from a Plasma Pen treatment as the wound we cause isn’t open. However, with any skin rejuvenation treatment, we are not in control of what you do when you leave and you should be aware that the first 12 hours is always the period of risk for you to get any kind of infection so please avoid activities where you could get dirty!
- We recommend not exercising straight after a treatment because any heat, steam or sweat could add to the inflammation that’s already present